Mike & H&S Companies
Third Battalion, Fifth Marines
Steve Cottrell/Frank Jurney
Most of these pictures are from Frank Jurney, a few are from Steve.
(all but the last picture is thumbnailed, click to enlarge any one).
These five pictures are Michael Callahan, KIA on Essex November 8, 1967.
From left to right:
1. Mike Callahan and Frank Jurney
2 and 3. Frank Jurney and Steve Cottrell
4. Doc Dawson
5. Frank Clark
6. Chuck Goebel
7. Chuck in a jeep
8. Hatfield, Reynolds and Jurney
9. Jurney and Reilly
10. Roger Daoust
11. Craig Sullivan, with Chuck Goebel and Mike Callahan behind him.
12. Tom Barnerd
13. Captain McElroy.
These next series of pictures are all of folks who are unidentified. If you remember any of them please let us know. Thanks!
a (Gunny Marion on left, S-3 Chief) b c d
e f g
14. Frank Jurney by his Jeep.
15. Jact Fretwell
16. Goebel, Cottrell and Kevin Kelly (picture belongs to Kevin may have been taken by Mike Callahan).
17. Saved picture from Stars and Stripes of Mike Leslie and Roger Daoust digging in.
18. Jurney, Reilly and Hatfield.
19. Steve Cottrell getting a haircut.
20. Steve Cottrell by Jeep.
22. Unknown (maybe Lt. Hayden) with Jack Murray.
23. Reilly and Frank Jurney.
24. Steve Cottrell after Operation Essex.
25. Major McElroy at CAG HQ with maybe the CAG Senior Chief Corpsman.