Mike & H&S Companies
Third Battalion, Fifth Marines
(click to enlarge any picture)
All on Hill 52, From Left:
1. Preacher (with Mike Company), Ed Harper, Larry Mitchell
2. With cigarette: Sgt Luther, Gonzalez (with pack on back), Conrad (back to camera with pack), "Brains" (behind Gonzalez)
3. Air Strike at the base of Charlie Ridge...towards the Northeast.
4. Looking east toward Hill 65....reports that Charlie had built up bunkers over 3 nights, we mortared.
5. More strikes toward Charlie Ridge.
6. Bronco flying and striking area from where the Hill got hit the previous night.
7. More strikes east of the Hill.
8. Resupply on Hill 52 by CH46. Check out the mortar bunker complex.
9 Pretchit? in front of 81s gunpit.
1. View of Hill 37, near Dai Loc.
2. View from Hill 37. The area was surrounded by vils.
3. Distant view of air strike.
1. Ed Harper in Que Sons.
2. Marion Johnson in Que Sons.
3. Hasty 81s gun pit built in the bush, Que Sons. A good view of all the work that needed doing.
4. Top of a mountain in the Que Sons.
5. Looking north from the Que Sons.
6. Rest stop....eating in the bush (Que Sons)...picture of "Brains" lower left.
7. Ed Harper and Brother Wax (Marion Johnson) on LZ Ryder, in front of an underground bunker (in Que Sons).
1. Left front: Gonzalez; right front: Conrad; left back: Clarence Lackey; right back: name not remembered.
2. Ed Harper's gun team: left to right, Vic Holdman, Larry Mitchell, Gonzalez, Smitty and Chico.
3. SSgt Green.
4. Ed Harper in front of tank at Hill 37.
5. Marion Johnson and adopted child.
6. Marion Johnson on left, unremembered name in middle, Larry Mitchell reclining.
7. From left: Brother Wax (Marion Johnson), Brother Bing, "Brains", Crazy Burt?, Name unkown on right (rumored to be a CID agent).