Mike & H&S Companies
Third Battalion, Fifth Marines
(click on a picture to enlarge)
Air strikes across from Hill 52
Shooting Arty from Hill 52
PaPaSan between Hills 52 and 65 (Rte4)
Mike Company in the QueSons, December 1969
Last day with Top Baney, September 1970.
Friendly above Liberty Bridge
Friendlies above Liberty Bridge
September 1969 Football Island with India Company
Cookout on Hill 52
French Fort on Hill 37
Battalion sign at An Hoa
Indigenous personnel at An Hoa (a huge rat)
Lt. Lewis, Mike Company CO, April 1970, An Hoa
Lt. Pelt, Que Sons, December 1969
Registering arty in the Que Sons, December 1969
Self Propelled 155mm Howitzer, An Hoa, April 1970
Self Propelled 175mm Howitzer, An Hoa, April 1970
Left to right: Air strike on hill across from Hill 52, May/June 1970 where 3 or 4 122mm rockets had been fired on the hill.
Goi Noi Island, from the air.
Inserting into the Arizona, February 1970.
Left to right: PF nickname Lee, on Charlie Ridge (the best PF Lt. Pelt ever worked with).
Personal pictures taken off dead NVA in the Arizona, February/March 1970.
POWs in the Arizona, October 1969, while with India Company.
French fort on Hill 37.
Attached is a picture I (Randy
Pelt) scanned from a publication entitled
From Left to right:
3 amigos, Lt. I.A. Martinez, Lt. Roger Lesegang and Lt. Pelt, July 70 on Hill 37
Mike Company in the Que Sons, December 69
Humping back to An Hoa from the Que Sons
From Left to Right:
Mike Company area, AnHoa, March 1970
April 1970 Liberty Bridge
An Hoa February 1970
A Dud RPG round (April 1970) exactly the way it fell
Gunny Houser, July 1970
Lieutenant Pelt, on Hill 37 at the French Fort
Hill 52, May 1970
Hill 65, June 1970
Hootch above Liberty Bridge
Mike 3 above Liberty Bridge. Doc Tollefson on the left, Randy on the right, 2nd from left is Doc "Spud" identified just lately as Dale Sears. (thanks to Jerry De Lena for identifying Doc)
Mike Company office on Hill 37
June 1970 on Charlie Ridge
2 pictures of staging from Hill 37
Another picture from Charlie Ridge June 1970
Resupply in the Arizona, May 1970
Left to right:
1. Same picture of airstrike as Tony Goodrich's but a different side of Hill 52.
Pictures 2 and 3: Artillery strikes in the Phu Nhuans.
4. Mike Company area at An Hoa
5. Hill 52 in April 1970
6. Picture of Hill 52 taken while on patrol on Charlie Ridge.
7. Lt Col Gestson, the Battalion CO, in the Que Sons, December of 1969.
8. Lt. Pat Nappi in the Que Sons in early December 1969, the Acting S-3. A former Platoon Commander with Mike, he was awarded a Silver Star for actions during Operation Durham Peak.
9. Lt Pelt with three other lieutenants in Yokosuka, Japan. The other three are Lt Hall (KIA w/7th Marines), Lt. Delvendo and Lt. Duemling (KIA with MAG 16)
10. Lt. Pelt, looking busy.
11. Medivac off of Charlie Ridge.
12. Lt. Pelt, in a monsoon, October 1969 (while with India Company).
13. The picture off hill 55- was taken in the spring of 70. I had to take Mike 3 to Hill 55 for a couple of weeks because there was a high threat period for an attack on the hill where a Marine artillery battery was based. (It never came.)
14. An Hoa from the air.
15. POW in the Arizona.
16. Lt. Pelt on Hill 52.
17. WIA on Charlie Ridge.
18. Mike 3 in the Arizona, April/May 1970